пятница, апреля 07, 2006

Reading List

Time overseas has meant some quality time reading.

Currently I'm reading:
OVERLORD, by Max Hastings - a great narrative of the D-Day operations
The Silmarillion, (umpteenth time) by JRR Tolkien - sweet!
Grimm's Fairy Tales, by the Grimm brothers, I guess - pretty bizzare in places. Disney definatley cleaned these up for the kiddos...
Peace Child, by Don Richardson (who I imagine looks like Horace Hardison, for some reason) - yet another book about missionaries in PNG
Pilgrim's Progress by John (not Paul) Bunyan - I was 10 when g g-pa Boyd gave it to me the first time... I understand more now

Recently Read:
The Great Game by some guy - sweet spy and explorer stories of when Russian and Britan were competing for Central Asia
Through Painted Deserts by Don Miller - a good travel story. wanted to go on a road trip again
Fever Pitch by John Cussak, I mean, uh, Hornby, Jack Hornby - great for any sports fan. Jeff should read this, being an Arsenal fan.
The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien -still, su-weet!