понедельник, апреля 03, 2006

Spring? Kind of...

It's mostly spring here... I guess. It's muddy and windy anyway. It still drops below freezing at night, but not for long because the ice is usually gone before noon.

Gosh, it's been a long time since I posted. News? Hmm...

Well, Alana twisted her ankle pretty well Saturday morning playing basketball with some students, Jon and I. I was actually on the other end of the court (four teams, two half-court games), so don't get any ideas. Luckily, Jim and Keith were there with their car and were able to take her home. She'll be off her feet for a few more days at least.

Other than that, I really enjoyed our first sports morning with our students. Basketball has never been my sport (Last time I played? ESI training, summer 2004: got rocked by Krista). However, since my head is a good 10 - 14 inches closer to the hoop than my students, I'm a rebounding machine. Or not. You know how glasses magically pull the ball towards your face? Brady knows. I guess that's why Alana wears contacts. It was a lot of fun--even though no one on my team could dribble, we could pass the ball pretty ok, which is just as good when no one can play defence or hit a shot outside of, well, a layup.

Anyway, Jon and I hope to keep the Saturday sports thing going--especially if we can use the field out back of the school. I look forward to flashing a little "baseball" leather.

Speaking of baseball--go M's! I hate you, but you're my team. Reasons to watch the M's this season: King Felix, that guy at SS (vacuum cleaner!) and Beltre cannot possible suck as much as he did last year. Or could he? Soriano should be fun to watch if he's back up to speed. Also, Willie F-ing Blumquist should be on the bench and there is no Matt Thorton. All in all, better than last year and by no means the worst M's team to take the field in the last 10 years.