пятница, сентября 16, 2005

The Breaks

New pictures are up.

Thursday was the last day of my first week of class. Hooray. I'm fairly confident of most of student's names. But what are you going to do, personally invest in these kids? Pshaw. No seriously, I like most of them. Some of them are what we call "American groupies". They think it's cool to hang out with Americans and pester them with questions. Some are 15 and flirtatious. Some are vain, ambitious pricks. Some of them are even English teachers themselves... which I thought was cool until I realized this means they can spot a crap lesson from a mile away. AND they're actually going to use what they learn. So the pressure's on. I used Jurraassic 5 in class yesterday. That's how cool I am.

The weather has been very fall-like. Up into to 70's during the day and down, um, lower at night.

We lost water AND electricity for a few days due to a fire one floor above us. This is different than the time we expected to lose water LAST week for the winterization of the pipes.

Currently reading: Genesis, Acts and Revelation.
Watched recently: Chuck Norris's "Eye for an Eye" (1981)
Recently broken: bookshelf - who builds an eight foot tall cabinet out of 1cm particle board and some corner braces?
Currently drinking: Piva Karagandinskya. It's way good. And Smirnof is a dollar for a half liter (6 month'w worth of vodka)

Student quotes that helped me make it through the week:
- "The work do from monkey man."
- "In my life I'd like to divide my each skills on natural that I imbibe with one's mother milk."