воскресенье, августа 28, 2005

Lost Luggage: A Tale of Beauty, Mystery, Suspence and Poor Spelling

Not really. The only bag Luftansa "lost" was my guitar, which I picked up no prob in the Karaganda airport. The cold, dead and dark Karaganda aiport. Picture an airport about the size of Tashkent's. Take away the people. And the cars. And the lights. Add some howling wind and steppe and you've got it. Still, I go my guitar OK.

So yeah, I'm here in Kazakhstan. It's cold and rainy right now, but the weather is supposed to clear up and be back in the 70's by the end of the week. I'm just glad I brought my boots, that's all.

My living conditions have taken a giant leap forward. You could probably fit three of my old apartments into this one. I have my own room. We've got a washing machine AND a microwave!I used it to warm up soup. Jon had a little trouble getting the washing machine to unlock and give him his clothes back, but it worked out ok.

I went to church this morning--I think it's a Methodist plant of some sort. Anyway, the ESI group was 1/2 the congregation and it was all in Russian. A good reminder of how much my Russian sucks. And how good it is to worship. Worshiping God is good.

I don't have anything to do this week except stop being constantly lost and maybe take a trip to Kyrgystan. So that's nice. Sorry if this post seems choppy, but I'm not writing because I'm in the mood tonight. More obligation. I dunno.

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to be here, where God's put me. Just not as excited about posting, for some reason. Still, hooray for boots!