среда, августа 10, 2005

NEWS!

Visiting the Seattle area with Alana this last weekend was way fun. Saturday was all touristy stuff--Pike Place, the Needle, the Locks and whatever. We had an excellent dinner at Cutters followed by enjoying the view from Kerry Park. Sunday we did lunch in Freemont (Costas Opa)and then headed up to Whidbey Island in time to catch the sunset at Deception Pass after enjoying the lighthouse and beach at Ft. Casey. Washington rocks.

Nate English is in Leavenworth as well, which is big news to no one reading THIS thing.

Preparations are ramping up as the wedding aproaches this weekend. Today was a cleaning day--I don't imagine the cleaning will stop until the actual wedding consumes everyone's waking life. Today was a good day to just chill (after some serious dusting) and read... and finally get my newsletter updated and ready. The electronic version will be out tonight and the physical tomorrow (unless I'm going to see you at the wedding, then you'll get yours there).

I talked with the elder board at Light in the Valley yesterday. It was cool to see them in action--what with their minutes and agenda and prayer and everything. I gave them some refrence material and updated them on my plans. And, after answering a few questions, they decided to support me with actual money too! I expected some financial support, sure, but... they blew my mind. They've promised almost half of what I need for this next year! Praise the frickin' Lord!

One minor detail you all need to pray about, however. We still don't have Kazakh visas. Our passports are at the Uzbek embassy, but we're out of time to get both... so we'll have to do that in Kazakhstan. I am not looking forward to that.

Also, I think family is about to start showing up at our house.