вторник, августа 16, 2005

Married Man

My little brother Jacob is a married man. Weird.

Even weirder? A weekend (four days running now) with a house full of relatives AND Alana. Good times? Mostly. It's a lot for an introvert to deal with. But, since we're a family of introverts (generaly speaking), it hasn't been too bad.

Charlie and Lisa are staying with us. The rest of my mom's sisters (Margie, Laurie and Libby)were here... as well as some of their kids. Add 10 years to a cousin I never really knew that well and you get some vaguely recognizeable faces. Most of my dad's side came and went pretty quickly for some reason. It was a blessing that only a dozen or so of my 30+ cousins showed up. That'd have been embarrasing--I really don't know all their names. I met some new ones at the wedding. New to me, at least.

Not only did my little brother get married this weekend, I taught a short sunday school lesson AND youth group deally on sunday. Is there a difference between wingin' it and following the HS?

Today is also Alana's last day in Washington, EVER. Well, maybe not. She leaves for NY zafstra. It's been an amazing summer... and I still get to look forward to actually living in the same city as her. How cool is that?

We head for the big K-ganda on the 22nd. Holy crap that's close. Life has felt something like a sprint these last few days... I just can't seem to get caught up on sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger nach said...

Oh yeah, and I have my visa! Woo!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Анонимный said...

posting a comment for a few reasons:

a) I don't like how blogspot pluralizes the word "comment" when only one comment is present

b) you should say hello to charlie and lisa for me and yes, I will email them those photos

c) I'm happy for you and alana, and I'm counting on you to provide a reason for an ESI reunion next year as I'd feel like a weirdo going back to training even though it was super fun.

d) lemme have a phone number for you so I can call you before you leave, we got stuff to talk about

2:11 AM  

Отправить комментарий

<< Home