понедельник, августа 22, 2005

On the Road Again

I'm literally starting a journey halfway around the world tomorow. It'll take me under a week to get to my final destination, but like Alana's grandpa says (in her newsletter, copied without permission), "It's better than a three month boat ride to India around the Horn."
True.
And this is just on commercial transport, open to anyone with the cojones to try. Just think of where I could get if I were in my hypothetical Land Rover or perhaps, horse. Admit it, it'd be way cool to ride a horse across Asia.

It's exciting to think about being back in the saddle soon. My Seattle-Denver-Frankfurt-Almaty route doesn't excite me, but I'm not complaining. I've got a tight layover in Frankfurt, by the way. And by tight, I mean I have an hour to get off one plane and onto the next. It's taken me 45 minutes to get off a plane before... so please pray for me.

I'm packing light--one checked bag (50lbs), my guitar and backpack (carry-on). Well, lighter than last year. This includes a suprise gift in the form of a giant down parka thingy tonight. I anticipate getting to Uzbekistan at some point to pick up a few things, but I'm pretty pleased with myself. My box of books is in the mail and should arrive before Thanksgiving. Maybe Halloween.

Finances are tight, but God continues to provide. People walk up in church and hand me cash. Crazy. I basically have no savings at this point. It bothers the provider/planner part of me to no end, but there's nothing I can do about it right now. I've got what I need to go to Kazakhstan, and I'm confident when it's time to come back I'll be able to.

It was also my last sunday at LIV today. I talked for a bit, they prayed for a bit and some people teared up. I love my church. Thank you all for everything.

Jacob and Whitney just got back from their honeymoon (in BC) tonight as well. How many married women can still get the youth (18 or under) discount? Booyah.

Last meal? Chocolate cake.