среда, ноября 02, 2005

Novemberween

We had a Halloween part monday night for all of our students. I manned the bobbing for apples station, while others painted faces, carved pumpkins, made kids stick their hands in a bowl full of peeled grapes and played uno. I was a cowboy. Alana was Pocahauntus and the rest of the ladies filled out a Disney princess roster: Hillary as Jasmine, Andrea as Belle/Cindarella (last minute costume change) and Peg as Fionna. We even got Mat and some of the MKs to help out--Jon R was a Sith Lord of some sort while Mat was a pirate with a mullet. Good times.

I am not motivated for class right now. I don't know why. Maybe it's because my classes are still shrinking and I'm starting to take it personally.

I have had some VERY cool conversations with students lately. I really like some of them.

I got my box of books! I mailed it to myself (ground) in August. I got it yesterday. Apparently, after the dogsled ride across Canada and Alaska, the guy in China decided to just kick my box across the country instead of carrying it. The story I got was the box was destroyed somewhere in transit. The bag my books arrived in in Karaganda also broke open, I hear. It took the administration a few trips to the pochta (many thanks!) to gather all the pieces. Suffice it to say, many of the paperbacks are significantly worse for the wear. I'm just gald I got my roadside guide to washington geology! Road trip in my head!

Christmas shopping this weekend? We'll see. The temp's been right around freezing for almost two weeks now. I don't go out much.