суббота, июня 11, 2005

Milk and Honey

I'm home. Whatever that means. I'm in Leavenworth, in a house I spent a lot of time growing up in, of that helps. It's weird being back in the states, people. Everything seems to have gotten bigger while I was away (except my parents, who are smaller). Cars and highways. People. Prices. Roscoe, our cat. The home DVD collection.

The reason I'm posting now, with no real news, is that I need your prayer big time right now. Not only am I starting to rasie support for next year (get ready for that email!) but the situation in Uzbekistan seems to be deteriorating. The US Embassy (as noted before) has pulled out all non-essential staff. The Peace Corps have been denied visas when they went in for renewals. Part of this is an ongoing political spat between the USA and Uz governments, part of this is because of new intelligence (I'm told).

So, pray. ESI is debating wether they should send teachers or not this fall. If we do, only alumni would be allowed, which would complicate the teamate situation in Tashkent. ESI may not send anyone to Uzbekistan next year, in which case I might end up going to Kazakhstan or something.

Personally, I think I need to go back to Uzbekistan now more than ever. But it is hard and scary to think too long on.

It's in the LORD's hands.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Анонимный said...

you got it. I'm on the prayer thing. I want you guys back in Uz. Things will chill out.

4:59 AM  

Отправить комментарий

<< Home