вторник, мая 10, 2005

Weekend Action

Over the course of the weekend I was able to celebrate Mother's Day (hi mom!) AND Victory in Europe Day. VE Day is remembered more like Victory of the Triumphant Motherland over the Fascist German Pigs Day here, but... whatever. Not all 25 million of those casualties were the German's fault, mother Russia. Actually, VE day used to be a bigger deal than is here--parades and everything. Russia threw a big party, I hear. But I guess Karimov kinda skrimps on vetrans pensions (there are no pensions) and benefits, unlike everyone's favortie politicion, V. Putin. He would win, if he ran for president of Uzbekistan, I think.

The weather this weekend was nice--rainy and cloudy and therefore not 90 degrees. May is too early for 90 degrees. But it is not too early for me to buy a kilo of strawberries for $.30! Booyah! One advantage of living in a developing country--cheap produce!

It's souvenier shopping time too. I'm working on getting a little something for everyone--especially you guys who are getting married this summer. Don't worry mom, I've got your mom's day AND birthday covered. Or at least I will by the time I see you again.

I have two weeks of classes left!
Holy crap!
This buzzard is eating my head!

Shanghai Noon is funnier than I remember. Especially all the references to 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' that I missed the first few times.

Oh yeah, for all of you interested in my summer itenerary here it is:

June 10th: Arrive in Seattle
June 15th: Go to NY
June 29th: Go back to WA
July 16th: Best Man it at Ryan's wedding
Right after that: ESI training in CA
Begining of August: Back to WA
Aug. 13th: Jacob's wedding
End of August: Return to Tashkent