воскресенье, мая 29, 2005

Ozodlik

Woo! I am in the land of the free... where I am free to pay $2 an hour for internet service and the freakin' Comfort Inn is $150 a night. And I can finally acess things like my blogger account... lucky for you. The Uz-government has seriously clamped down on the internet, so I could not view or log into xanga or here. Many foreign news sites are blocked. Even so, news is slowly trickling out about the events of May 13 in Andijon.

Thank you for your prayers during the last weeks of violence and tension in Uzbekistan. It already feels like last year. However, the US has just issued another terror warning for its citizens in country, and no one knows what will happen next. Uzbekistan needs your prayers--I keep thinking back to my students and all the different friends I made in Uzbekistan... politics, economy... it doesn't really matter. We all know where real change comes from.

I love Uzbekistan, but she is not free. Not free to worship, not free to speak, not free to assemble or anything like that. Even so, I've been consitently convicted to pray for my enemies. It's really hard... I pray for justice to be done too... for God to break the teeth of the wicked, like David in Psalm 58 I think.

It's also hard to be in an English speaking country again. I'm fighting the urge to order in russian or uzbek for lunch. I can understand conversations around me. I can understand the TV and radio and billboards and roadsigns and everything! I'm a freakin' genius!

Russ and I'll be hooking up with none other than the infamous Kerri Fisher this afternoon--look out London!