среда, мая 04, 2005

Uh... yeah

I didn't mean to insinuate I'm the sole reason Xanga got shut down in Uzbekistan. I estimate at least 50 regular posters were active in the country--and I'm sure some of them were political. Collegues tell me this happens from time to time, no big deal.

What is a big deal, you ask? Well Jon bought a fan yesterday, that's one. For two, third course grabbed the projector before I could totally screwing my plans for showing 'Office Space' in class today.

It's official, CMBC has split. Suck. Wierd too, since it sounds like the entrie board of elders, the pastor, the secretary (my mom), etc. left also. I don't know who that leaves, but it's enough to keep the statement of faith hyper-dispensational, I guess. Yay for them. I've been asked to help name the new church... here are my suggestions in no particular order:

- Church of Grace but Not Really, We're Actually Pretty Legalistic (CoGBNRWAPL, for short)
- Icicle River Community Church (Wenatchee River, Eagle Creek, Chumstick?)
- Wedge Mountain Community Church (Icicle Ridge, Mountain Home?)
- Church of Rock
- Nate's Church of Funk
- Leavenworth Community Church (boring, but accurate... also probably taken)
- Church of Quitters
- Scum of the Earth Church
- Ship of Fools
- We Love Jesus (more than you) Club
- Cascade Mountain Bible Church Milleneum Edition

Mostly, I don't like names that are in two parts (The Gathering - a community church) becasue it seems much too trendy (and therefore not Leavenworth). I do think the name should have something do do with the local area. Cascade Mountain Bible Church is still pretty much the best name for a church I've ever seen.

... I apologize for the fruity look of the site. It's a little more than I want to deal with right now.