пятница, июня 03, 2005

Uz-update

So here I am in the beautiful and neatly ordered Netherlands watching the situation in Uzbekistan deteriorate. The US embassy is pulling out non-essential personel and encouraging ex-pats to leave "while they can". Add rumors that Chechen terrorists were involved in the May 13th mess and... yeah. I pray my visa stuff goes well this summer.

Keep praying for Uzbekistan--its leaders and the church there.

In other news, Russ and I have very much enjoyed our time in London and now the Hauge. We met up with Kerri for a fun-filled romp through London, uh, Sunday, I think.

Monday was spent on a bus, boat and train on our way to Holland. Tuesday was art day with Charlie--we took in the MC Escher museum and another with a ton of Vermeers (Girl With a Pearl Earing, etc.). Russ and I wandered Amsterdam on wednesday, rather sucessfully avoiding the sex and drugs. We did take the Hieneken tour, watch some gus play chess on a giant board in some park and paddle a little boat around on the canals, however. Yesterday we hung out with Lisa and saw the old (13th century) and new (15th entury?) churches. Today? Maybe a bike ride and some uitsmeiters.