суббота, декабря 03, 2005

Presidential Voting Guide: Kazakhstan

If you're going to vote in Kazakhstan tomorrow, I suggest choosing your canidate by his eyebrows. There's Nazarbayev (Big Poppa), the communist guy, the young guy, the old guy and the other guy. Seriously, that's how they've been introduced to me. My students are either voting for Nazarbayev, not voting or warning me not to go downtown tomorow. Many bosses are "encouraging" their employees to vote for the right canidate.

I like reading Heinlan's "Starship Troopers" during elections. It reminds me of how most of us vote for whatever we want and expect to get it without actually doing anything (like paying taxes or taking responsibility). Also, I wonder if public wippings (father next to son? hmm?) would be a more effective form of punishment than the suckage of our current juvy system.

Joel and Deb got here yesterday! Free lunches! Hooray!

I'm starting "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" tomorow.

Sometimes I feel like I'm ready to charge into battle, only when I look behind me, my dudes are all picking lint our of their bellies. Davay!